As a marketer, you’ve probably heard the saying – “Email will never die.”
Email has been around for decades, and it isn’t going anywhere.
Like texting and social media, email is an integral part of modern-day communication. This, combined with advancements in data, personalization, and automation, makes email marketing a key component of today’s successful marketing programs.
How Brands are Using Email as Part of Their Mover Marketing Programs
When it comes to mover marketing, email is a digital channel brands cannot afford to forego. With access to rich consumer audiences and insights, email enables marketers to reach movers early and target them at key points throughout the move journey. As a result, using email as part of a mover marketing program has proven to be an effective channel to support brands’ customer retention and acquisition efforts. Check out the following statistics to learn more about the value of marketing to movers.
Why Market to Movers?
- Approximately 31 million people move in the U.S. each year.
- Movers are a $170 billion audience, representing a lucrative opportunity for brands to establish and maintain customer relationships.
- 9 in 10 are willing to try new brands.
- On average, new movers spend $11,000 on items and services during a move.
- 3 in 5 are making purchases prior to moving.
- 7 in 10 movers say they wish they had more resources to help them during the moving process.
- While about 60% of moves happen during the summer, people move year-round
- 1 in 4 new movers say they use information they receive by email to help inform their purchase decisions.
- Brands that use mover marketing say engaging movers has a significant impact on overall marketing performance.
- Mover marketing users have seen significantly more success in their customer retention and acquisition initiatives in the past year than non-users.
- 35% of mover marketing users who have the most successful overall marketing strategies dedicate more than 20% of their marketing budget to target movers.
Why Email Marketing Should be a Part of Your Mover Marketing Strategy
Check out these 30 stats on email marketing to learn why email is a vital channel for your mover marketing strategy.
Email Usage Statistics
- In 2022, 4.03 billion people around the world use email. The number of global e-mail users is set to grow to 4.48 billion users in 2024. – Statista
- The average person has 1.75 email accounts. – The Radicati Group
- There are over 1.8 billion active Gmail users. – FinancesOnline
- In 2021, 319.6 billion emails were sent every day worldwide. This is projected to increase by over 376 billion by 2025. – Zippia
- Millennials use email most, with an average of 6.4 hours spent per day. Older generations use email for about five hours daily. – HubSpot
- 85% of users check their emails on a mobile phone. – Adobe
- 74% of Baby Boomers think email is the most personal channel to communicate with brands. – HubSpot
- 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week. – HubSpot
- 50% of consumers prefer communicating with brands via email. – Adobe
- 87% of marketers use email marketing to distribute their content. – Content Marketing Institute
Email Segmentation and Personalization Statistics
- 94% of marketing professionals say that email personalization is “extremely important” for meeting their marketing objectives. – Campaign Monitor
- 74% of marketers say targeted email personalization increases customer engagement. – eConsultancy
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. – Campaign Monitor
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50 percent higher open rates. – Data Axle
- Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue. –Campaign Monitor
- Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
- 88% of users are more likely to respond to an email if it looks like it’s been specifically created for them. – Dynamic Yield
- The most effective tactics for email automation are mapping the customer experience (53%) and use of personalized messages (51%). – Ascend2
- Automated emails have a 70.5% higher open rate and 152% higher click-through rate than generic email newsletters. Instapage
- 55% of consumers believe receiving targeted promotions and discounts would create a more enjoyable email experience. – Dynamic Yield
Email ROI Statistics
- 320% more revenue is driven from automated emails than non-automated emails – Campaign Monitor
- Triggered emails result in 8 times more opens and greater ROI than typical bulk emails. – Experian
- Email generates $36 for every $1 spent, which is an astounding 3,600% ROI, making it one of the most effective digital channels. Litmus
- Email marketing continues to be the greatest driver of revenue for businesses. Additionally, revenue from email marketing ROI continues to improve year over year. Lyfe Marketing
- A survey from eMarketer revealed that email marketing drives 25% of the overall revenue for businesses surveyed. eMarketer
- 81% of SMBs rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention. – Emarsys
- The average revenue per promotional email is $0.02. Meanwhile, birthday emails result in $0.07, welcome emails $0.18, and abandoned cart emails $5.64.- Omnisend
- 60% of consumers say they’ve made a purchase because of a marketing email they received. – Constant Contact
- A forwarded email is worth an average of $12.41, compared to a shared social media post which is only worth about $5.62. – Adweek
- Personalized email marketing generates a median ROI of 122%. – eMarketer
The 2022 Marketer’s Perspective on Mover Marketing
Download the free 2022 Marketer’s Perspective on Mover Marketing Report and explore how brands are utilizing mover marketing strategies to increase their customer acquisition and retention.