The Human Resources Generalist/Payroll Rep will be a critical part of the V12 team and participate in the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including administering pay, benefits, leave, company policies and practices, and overall human resource functions.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, multi-state payroll, talent management, and employment law.
- Processes timely, accurately, and compliant bi-weekly multi-state payroll.
- Prepares and maintain employee files.
- Performs audits regarding payroll and human resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent Excel skills
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree + in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of multi-state ADP payroll experience
- 3-5 years of Benefits administration
- 3-5 years of compliance reporting and audit preparation
- 1-3 years of program management
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.