Wesley Chapel, FL
The Sr. Systems Admin/Engineer will be a member of the IT Operations team, which is responsible for the overall health of V12 Data environment. As a Sr. Systems Admin/Engineer, this individual will be performing a wide range of senior level tasks to maintain, monitor, improve and secure V12 Data’s overall corporate infrastructure.
- Ensure proper functioning of the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Work closely with Help Desk staff and InfoSec staff as an escalation point in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Provide level 1-3 support for entire infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Must be innovative and possess the initiative to detect and resolve issues before they become critical.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and can work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to plan, develop, document and coordinate infrastructure projects.
- Project management skills and experience managing resources to meet goals on simultaneous projects.
- Train/Mentor junior staff members as appropriate.
- Maintain change control and configuration management documentation.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and weekend coverage.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Linux servers and Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server 2012/16, Active Directory, Exchange, Microsoft SQL 2012+, Office 365, WSUS, Intune, Windows Failover Clustering, etc.
- Perform backups and restores as needed.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Support WAN and LAN connectivity which includes switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions where applicable.
- Support disaster recovery solutions and support offsite disaster recovery center infrastructure.
- Support remote access technologies that includes VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through ManageEngine ServiceDesk service tickets and Log360 SEIM tools.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Updating and patching equipment. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a monthly/quarterly basis for Windows and Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu) servers.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Security monitoring, detection, prevention, and remediation.
- Security incident tracking, reporting, escalation, and response.
- Auditing and tracking compliance.
- Vulnerability assessment, tracking & remediation.
- Process improvement & automation.
- 5+ years of hands on experience managing Linux and Microsoft infrastructures that includes Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP.
- 5+ years of experience of VMware ESXi, and vSphere 6.x administration in an enterprise environment.
- 5+ years of experience working with storage devices which include Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Directly Attached Storage (DAS).
- Ability to write Powershell scripts and debug scripts.
- 5+ years of experience working in 24x7x365 environment.
- Understanding of networking as it relates to server administration and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years of experience working with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS administration and management.
- 5+ years of experience working with Cloud infrastructure (IBM Cloud/AWS/Azure)
- 5+ years of experience working with network equipment (Dell 10Gb switches, Wi-Fi access points, SonicWALL/Sophos Firewalls, and VPN servers)
- Certifications such as Linux+, A+, N+, Security+, MCSA or MCSE are a major plus.
- Some travel will be required to remote offices.
- 5+ years of experience working with Dell Blade and Dell Rack mount servers using Dell Management tools like OME and iDRAC.
- Experience Managing Linux and Microsoft Infrastructures: 5+ years
- Experience vSphere: 5+ years
- Hyper-V 2012/16 Infrastructures: 2+ years